Automotive Power Electronic EngineerApply Now
See All Positions
IRP systems is developing the next generation of high-performance e-powertrain systems that will change the electric vehicles market and we are seeking an experienced Automotive Power Electronic Engineer for our growing R&D team in Barcelona.
You’ll be responsible for the following
- Research and develop solutions from concept through circuit design, prototyping and testing to mass production of analog and power electronics systems.
- Perform electronic hardware design and simulations.
- Develop and validate signal sensing and processing circuits, and high-voltage and high-power converters boards for various requirements.
- Work on electronic designs (schematics), component sizing and theoretical analysis to study the worst cases scenarios and thus consider all the potential stress experienced by the components (stress tests).
- Create test procedures to verify hardware designs.
- Design for and prepare for various automotive and safety qualifications.
- Produce written design specifications and schematics, test records, bill of materials, datasheets, and application notes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Electronics Hardware Engineer in the following fields: Analog, Power conversion, High Voltage.
- Experience from automotive companies – must have
- Knowledge and experience in analog electronics development and high-power conversion systems.
- 5 years of experience in the role of Hardware Development Engineer.
- Experience in collaborating with layout engineers, define constraints of high-density mixed signals and high-power boards.
- Experience in ORCAD design tools (Capture and Allegro) and simulation for electrical circuits such as SPICE/LTSPICE/PSIM.
- Fast learner and a great team player.
- Experience in electromagnetic field simulation tools.
- Experience in writing and presentation of specifications, test documents and development verification.
- Knowledge and experience in validation for standard such as UL, CSA, IEC, IEEE, EU and EN.